Finding a non-toxic, natural deodorant that actually works is something I’ve been working at for years. Everything I seemed to try either smelled too earthy or wasn’t able to last through a sweaty workout session. Here is a review of 4 different natural deodorants that I’ve tried over the past few years.
1 | Weleda Wild Rose Deodorant
This is the first natural deodorant that I tried (as you can see from how empty the bottle is) and it has its pros and cons.
- The smell! I love the smell of this deodorant spray, and to be honest, these days I use it more as a scented spray/perfume than I do as a deodorant.
- While this spray works fine on days that I’m not working out or getting sweaty, it doesn’t really get me through a sweaty yoga session or a hot summer day smelling fresh.
- It burns. Don’t apply this right after exfoliating or showering because it will BURN.
2 | Blossom For Her
- The smell of this deodorant is probably my favorite out of all the natural deodorants I’ve tried.
- Moisturizing. The formula is very creamy and makes my pits feel soft and moisturized.
- Price. You can find this product for around $5 which is more affordable than the other options in this review.
- Unfortunately, this deodorant is also the least effective when it comes to keeping me smelling nice for an extended period of time. Which is what a deodorant is supposed to do.
3 | Schmidt’s
- The most effective of all these deodorants at keeping me fresh, clean, and BO-free for even the longest, hottest, and sweatiest of days.
- Fragrance free option. Sometimes I don’t really want to smell like anything. Not lavender, not sage, not cherry, bubblegum, or grapefruit. I just want to smell like nothing. Thanks, Schmidt’s, for answering my prayers.
- The deodorant stick is easy to use, but I love that the company also offers a more eco-friendly glass jar as well. I used up one of their glass jars before deciding to try out the deodorant stick.
- Can’t think of any!
4 | Meow Meow Tweet
- I do like the smell of this cream deodorant in the lavender scent, but for some reason the way it mixes with the scent of my own sweat is kind of weird. I may try a different scent next time and see if I like it better. I don’t know if this is a pro or a con!
- Eco-friendly packaging: I like that this deodorant comes in a little glass jar instead of plastic, which I can easily up-cycle once it’s all used up.
- Again, I’m not a fan of how the scent of lavender mixes with my own scent, but that might just be me! I’d like to see them come out with a fragrance-free version.
THE WINNER | Schmidt’s Stick Deodorant in Fragrance Free
RUNNER UP | Meow Meow Tweet